Sign & Other Permits

Below is a list of some of the special use permits required before beginning certain activities. Additional information is available by clicking on the permit title.
Type of Permit Description Permit Fees / Bonds
Sign Permit
Required for outdoor signage, including banners and temporary signs.

Permit fee: $8.50 per $1,000 of job cost, plus $41.50 issuance fee. **Required CICT Fee: $1.00 per $1,000.  Minimum fee =$51
Burn Permits
Burn permits are issued by the City of Hoover Fire Department. Call 205-444-7655 for more information.

Alarm Permits
When you register your alarm with us, we keep your emergency contact information on file. If your alarm is activated, we will contact the secondary contact information if no one is at the residence.

Registration fee:
$25 (one-time)
Home Occupation Application
Required for businesses who wish to operate in a residential-zoned property or neighborhood.

No fee
Mobile Food Truck Permit
Mobile food trucks require approval by the applicable health department, an inspection by Hoover Fire Department, a Mobile Food Truck Permit and a City of Hoover business license to operate within the City of Hoover.

Permit fee: $300
Certificate of Occupancy for Business License (COBL)
If your business plans to occupy an existing commercial space "AS IS", with no construction activity, you will need a COBL and inspection prior to applying for a Hoover business license.

Permit fee: $50