Street Lighting

The City of Hoover does not maintain street lighting in residential neighborhoods or private commercial developments. Please contact your HOA or Alabama Power Company (Phone: 800-245-2244) for maintenance in these areas. The City only maintains street lighting on the following major roadways:

  • Interstate Interchanges
    • I-65 at Valleydale Road
    • I-65 at I-459
    • I-459 at US-Hwy 31
  • Highway 31 (From Riverchase Parkway to Southland Drive)
  • Highway 150 (From Hwy 31 to Ross Bridge Parkway)
  • Lorna Road
  • Learning Lane (From Stadium Trace Pkwy to Trace Crossings Elementary)
  • Galleria Boulevard
  • Jim Wilson Jr. Parkway
  • Municipal Drive

Please email the traffic engineer or call the Hoover Engineering Department at (205) 444-7529 to report problems with street lights on these major roadways. You may also report an issue with the My Hoover Connect app.