Wild Animals

Pest Control

If you are troubled by raccoons, squirrels, or other wild animals, you must contact an outside agency, such as Critter Control, or call a pest control business. Critter Control can be contacted by calling 205-408-9896.

Hoover Animal Control Officers do not, routinely, pick up wild animals. However, in certain cases, they may be able to provide traps that you may use to trap wild animals. Once the animal is trapped, you may contact the Hoover Animal Control Department at 205-444-7760 for release in a wildlife area.

If you use your own traps to capture a wild animal, it is your responsibility to release the animal into a wildlife area.