I have a Bonding Question.

If you used a bonding company, you entered into a private contract to pay them a fee. That company in turn posted your bond. That fee is usually non-refundable; check with your bonding company for details.

If you posted a cash bond directly to Hoover Municipal Court, once your fines and court costs (if any) have been satisfied, that bond will be returned to you. Checks are mailed out to the last address we have on record, so please make sure we have an updated address. The Court is allowed 30 days to return the bond.

If you post a bond for someone and want to come off the bond, you must obtain a bondsman's process or certified copy of the bond ("CCB") from the Hoover Municipal Court and return that person to jail.

Show All Answers

1. What to expect in Court?
2. Can Hoover Court assist with Legal Advice?
3. Can I pay by mail?
4. Can I pay my Fines and Costs before Court?
5. What if I want to plead Not Guilty?
6. What form of payment are accepted?
7. What if I need to Continue my court date?
8. My court date was changed without my permission? Why?
9. What happens if I miss my Court Date? (Warrant Issued)
10. Is there a Warrant Recall option?
11. What if there is an Outstanding Warrant that is Non-Recallable?
12. Will the Court suspend my Driver's License?
13. What if I cannot afford an Attorney?
14. Can a case be Dismissed?
15. Is Defensive Driving School an option?
16. Can I print a Request for Public Records Form?
17. I have a Bonding Question.
18. How do I get a record expunged?
19. Is Youthful Offender status an option?
20. What is the Appeal Process in Hoover?
21. What happens if there is a Municipal Ordinance Violation?
22. My vehicle was towed. How do I get it back?
23. Can I obtain a Restraining Order from Municipal Court?