Government ServicesDepartmental ServicesBusiness ServicesResidential ServicesVisitorsHelp Center
Click to Home

Go To Search
Street Light and Traffic Signal Maintenance
Street Light Maintenance

The City of Hoover does not install or maintain residential street lights.  For street light maintenance on all residential streets within Hoover city limits, please obtain the pole number and contact Alabama Power Company at 1-800-245-2244. Some Homeowners Associations (HOA) maintain their own street lights. Please check with your HOA for residential street light maintenance issues.   

The City of Hoover maintains street lights on major roadways such as; I-65 at I-459 Interchange, I-459 at US Hwy 31 Interchange, I-65 at Valleydale Road Interchange, US Hwy 31, AL Hwy 150, Lorna Road, Learning Lane, Galleria Boulevard, Jim Wilson Jr Parkway and Municipal Dr.  Please contact 
Chris Reeves, Hoover Engineering Dept at (205) 444-7896 to report problems with street lights on these major roadways.

Traffic Signal Maintenance

The City of Hoover also currently maintains a total of 97 signalized intersections located within Jefferson and Shelby Counties.  Please contact Chris Reeves, Hoover Engineering Dept (205) 444-7896 or use the RequestTracker work request system to report problems with Hoover traffic signals.

Engineering Department
2020 Valleydale Rd.
Ste E-100
Hoover, AL 35244

Ph: 205-444-7896

Alabama Power
Ph: 1-800-245-2244

Submit Online Request