Meet Honorable Thomas Brad Bishop
- B.A., Samford University, Speech and Dramatic Arts, 1961
- M.A., University of Alabama, Communication and Rhetorical Theory, 1962
- J.D., cum laude, Cumberland School of Law, 1971
- Practice experience: Municipal Judge, City of Hoover, Alabama. Chief Legal Advisor to the Governor of Alabama, 1993-95. Former Municipal Judge for Cities of Homewood and Pelham, Alabama.
- Professor at Samford University Cumberland School of Law since 1971
- Teaching and research interests: Contracts, Municipal Court practice and procedure
- Chaired Alabama Supreme Court Advisory Commission on Municipal Courts; author of Municipal Courts: Practice and Procedures in Alabama (Agora Press, 1991, 2nd ed. 1996 and 1997 supplement by Samford University Press; 3rd ed. 1999, Samford University Press) and supplement 2004
- Expert in drunk driving law; author of Drunk Drivers: The Law in Alabama (Samford University Press, 1998) and The Prosecution and Defense of DUI Cases; A Practitioner's Handbook (Samford University Press, 2004).
- Expert in shoplifting law; author of The Law of Shoplifting: A Guide for Lawyers and Merchants (Agora Press, 1988)Expert in the law of contracts; has taught contracts at Cumberland for over 30 years, as a visiting professor of law, and for national bar review courses. Currently serves as a labor negotiator and hearing officer
- Harvey S. Jackson Excellence in Teaching Award, 2005
- Distinguished Award of Justice as Municipal Judge, 2002
- Cumberland Distinguished Alumnus Award, 1994
- Alabama Bar Association Award of Merit, 1992
- George Macon Teacher of the Year, 1991