2023 Southeast Championship Youth Flag Football Tournament
2023 Southeast Championship Tournament Overview
The City of Hoover is proud to host the 2023 Southeast Championship Youth Flag Football Invitational Tournament, presented by Dicks' Sporting Goods. This is an open tournament for any recreational or all all-star teams who would like to compete. Join us the weekend of November 18th and 19th at the Hoover Met Complex for the largest two day flag football tournament in the state of Alabama.
- When: Saturday, November 18th and Sunday, November 19th 2023
- Where: The Hoover Met Complex Turf Football Fields (5500 Stadium Trace Parkway Hoover, AL 35244)
- Registration Deadline: Thursday, November 9th
- Team Registration/Entry Fee: $225
- There is no gate or parking fee for this tournament. All costs are incorporated in the $225 registration fee.
- Seating: There will be no spectator seating on the fields. Please bring your own seating (lawn chair, bench, etc.)
- *New for 2023*: Age Verification must be submitted to National Sports ID by Thursday, November 16th.
- A Skills Challenge and mandatory Coaches Meeting will take place on Friday, November 17th
- Our games consist of (2) 20-minute halves, whereas most other flag football tournaments only consist of (2) 12-minute halves.
- This is a two day tournament where all teams will be playing both days.
- 4 game guarantee
- Teams will compete in 3 round robin games on Saturday (morning and early afternoon)
- Single elimination games will start on Sunday (morning and early afternoon)
- Every team will advance to single elimination games on Sunday, regardless of their pool play record.
- Round robin games will determine bracket seeding
- If a division is made of a team or teams from out of state, the single elimination games will be played on Sunday Morning so out of state teams can travel back home.
- Friday, November 17th at the Hoover Met Complex Turf Football Fields
- 3rd grade/8U and below will begin at 5 PM
- 4th grade/9U and above will begin at 5:30 PM
- Dick's gift certificates will be given to each player that comes in 1st place.
- Friday, November 17th at the Hoover Met Banquet Room or Hoover Senior Center, depending on availability.
- 1st grade/6U and 2nd grade/7U at 5:00 PM
- 3rd grade/8U and above at 5:45 PM
- This is a mandatory for for any teams who have not participated in the tournament before.
- At least one representative from each participating team will need to attend.
- 6U through 14U
- The age group in which a player belongs in is determined by their age as of January 1st, 2023
- If you were born in 2012, you will play in the 10U division. This means that every player participating in the 10U division was 10 years of age or younger as of December 31st, 2022.
- If you were born in 2016, you will play in the 6U division. This means that every player participating in the 6U division was 6 years of age or younger as of December 31st, 2022