How do I establish garbage service for my new home?

If your home is new construction, contact a Public Works representative at 205-444-7543 or 205-739-7311. They will enter a request for our vendor to deliver a trash and recycle bin to your home. They will also inform you of the days of collection and answer any questions you may have. If you have moved into an existing home, service has already been established at your address. You only need to call if you do not know the days of service or if the bins are damaged or missing and you need garbage carts. 

Show All Answers

1. Who do I contact to have limbs, brush, large bulky items collected?
2. How do I establish garbage service for my new home?
3. Why was my trash or recycle bin not emptied?
4. Who do I contact to have a broken or missing garbage or recycle bin replaced?
5. Will the garbage company pick up paint, paint cans, motor oil, pesticides and other hazardous waste?
6. Will my live Christmas tree be picked up the curb?
7. How do I report a pot hole or other road maintenance problems?
8. There is a problem with a clogged stormwater drain near my home. Who should I contact?
9. How do I prepare my yard waste for collection?